The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Apparently I have the same disease as Angela Merkel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nail biting, also known as onychophagy or onychophagia, is an oral compulsive habit. It is sometimes described as a parafunctional activity, the common use of the mouth for an activity other than speaking, eating, or drinking.

Nail biting is very common, especially amongst children. Less innocent forms of nails biting are considered an impulse control disorder in the DSM-IV-R and are classified under obsessive-compulsive and related disorders in the DSM-5. The ICD-10 classifies the practice as "other specified behavioral and emotional disorders with onset usually occurring in childhood and adolescence".[1] However, not all nail biting is pathological, and the difference between harmful obsession and normal behavior is not always clear.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail_biting

[Image: Merkels%20hands.jpg?itok=4c5HYmbx]
(05-22-2017, 09:06 AM)friedrich Wrote: [ -> ]Nail biting, also known as onychophagy or onychophagia, is an oral compulsive habit. It is sometimes described as a parafunctional activity, the common use of the mouth for an activity other than speaking, eating, or drinking.

Nail biting is very common, especially amongst children. Less innocent forms of nails biting are considered an impulse control disorder in the DSM-IV-R and are classified under obsessive-compulsive and related disorders in the DSM-5. The ICD-10 classifies the practice as "other specified behavioral and emotional disorders with onset usually occurring in childhood and adolescence".[1] However, not all nail biting is pathological, and the difference between harmful obsession and normal behavior is not always clear.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail_biting

[Image: Merkels%20hands.jpg?itok=4c5HYmbx]

Thank God!

For a minute I thought you were going to say Immigrant Lover!

Kick those assholes out. Send them home.
I used to gnaw mine pretty viciously down to the quick as a kid but, as an adult, I only gnaw when they get too long Chuckle

~mc~

(05-22-2017, 09:59 AM)ChillBro Wrote: [ -> ]I used to gnaw mine pretty viciously down to the quick as a kid but, as an adult, I only gnaw when they get too long Chuckle

Ever heard of clippers?? Slap
(05-22-2017, 11:34 AM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2017, 09:59 AM)ChillBro Wrote: [ -> ]I used to gnaw mine pretty viciously down to the quick as a kid but, as an adult, I only gnaw when they get too long Chuckle

Ever heard of clippers??  Slap

What are these things that you speak of? Troll2

Who need clippers when you have teeth.

~mc~

(05-22-2017, 12:03 PM)ChillBro Wrote: [ -> ]

What are these things that you speak of? Troll2

[Image: Vg1QCUS.gif]

i tried clippers before nail biting.  i HATE the feeling of nail clippers slightly bending my nail to cut o.o  it's a very odd feeling I don't like too much.
(05-22-2017, 06:45 PM)Skyrison Wrote: [ -> ]

i tried clippers before nail biting.  i HATE the feeling of nail clippers slightly bending my nail to cut o.o  it's a very odd feeling I don't like too much.

[Image: SC-630_med.jpg]

http://pedipro.com/catalog/toe-nail-scis...-p-49.html

I know a few people like that Sky. They use these instead of regular clippers.

Many many moons ago I had a nail biting problem. Then I started just clipping them short so that there was nothing to bite and now I'm 'out of the habit' of doing so. I just keep them neatly trimmed and file off the rough patches left from the clippers.
Thanks for letting me borrow those nail clippers this morning.  I'd broken three nails opening pistascho nuts for breakfast.

Yeah3
Pages: 1 2 3